White and dark chocolate
White chocolate fudge!
So from the Oreo balls- I had cream cheese left over and white chocolate chips left over as well as pecan pieces. I wanted to make another fancy candy and I found a recipe for fudge. I changed it a little and it is so delicious (I can eat so many pieces and I usually bake or cook and barely eat any of it/ give it away).
1 package of cream cheese
12 oz of Nestle‘s white chocolate chips
2 packets of SPLENDA/ Sweet and Low
Pam (to grease a baking dish/ cupcake tray)
This seriously is so delicious- tangy and sweet but not too sweet!!
1. Leave the cream cheese out to soften
2. Melt the white chocolate chips (I did it at 20% power in the microwave)
3. Add the splenda packets
5. Add pecans
6. Pour mixture (like half an inch) into greased baking dish or cupcake tray
7. Put extra pecan pieces on top
8. Refrigerate- then when solid- cut and serve! Remember to refrigerate before serving otherwise it will melt!
Thanks for reading– this is the first dessert that I want more and more of and I’m not a sweets person! I just like baking and making candy 🙂
This post is about Oreo balls/ Oreo truffles/ White chocolate truffles/ Cookies and Creme truffles – either way- YUM! I got the original idea from Bakerella with her cake pops and mini desserts (love her btw!) and then I randomly saw a recipe for Oreo balls (not on her site but then later I figured out that she did these too) and I was really excited about them for awhile- it’s so easy.
All you need is:
1 package of Oreos – smash them into a fine sand like substance (I used a ziplock bag and an eight pound dumbbell…but I’m sure a blender/ food processor or a mallet would work too 🙂
1 package of cream cheese softened
White chocolate (you can also use Almond bark with white chocolate flavoring)- I used Nestle’s white chocolate chips– didn’t bother with shortening
1. Smash Oreos to a fine consistency (otherwise you’ll have lumps in your truffles!)
2. Combine this with softened cream cheese (you’ll have a black dirt colored piece of greasy dough- yummm 🙂 – feel free to taste- pretty delicious…
3. Roll these babies into little balls and put in the fridge for awhile!! Make sure they are hard and not melty otherwise you’ll have dirt colored white chocolate
4. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave or a double boiler (careful not to get any water in it or it’ll scorch… AND microwave on low heat).
5. Dip the ball babies into the white chocolate with a fork. lift out and place on wax paper- repeat…put in fridge
6. Cover with nuts/sprinkles/Oreo crumbs
*Note you can find many Youtube clips for this… I didn’t know how to melt chocolate or make these truffles but…now I do!!!
They turned out delicious and beautiful! You will definitely want a glass of milk with these.
I’m really into presentation so I went to Michael’s and bought candy cups and treat boxes and adorable ribbon. I placed the truffles in the candy cups into the treat boxes. Then I glue gunned a cute ribbon bow on the box and presto- a little gift for my fiance’s parents!